I’ve read that one way to improve one’s photography is to keep using the camera and just shoot.
I have not been doing that.
Hold on, wait a minute! Here I am posting on how I want to put this blog right back on track animation-wise and I am again writing about photography!
Oh well. Anyways, might as well continue.
Like I said earlier, I’ve read that one way to help improve one’s skill at photography is to come up with themes and projects to inspire oneself to go out with a camera and make images. One of these themes is what I think is called Project 365, the number representing every day of the year. The idea is to make it a point to take an image every day of the year.
At this stage of my photography, I am all for it! Like I mentioned in earlier posts (numerous times, in fact), I have been in a creative rut. My camera’s shutter mileage is very small! I need these themes to get me going if I want to be like my flickr contacts who are darn good photographers!
So I’ve decided to come up with my own Project 365. However, it is not any ordinary Project 365; instead, I want to come up with a theme representing each day of the week.
My daily theme are as follows:
- Macro Monday: Get close. Really, really, close. I have a 60mm f/2.8D Macro Lens and I want to use it.
- Toy Tuesday: I used to take pictures of some of my toys from my humble toy collection and I will now make it a habit to take one.
- Wide Wednesday: The plan is to use my 24mm f/2.8D wide angle lens to shoot, well, wide.
- Telephoto Thursday: I don’t have a telephoto lens, but my 60mm Macro can serve as one too.
- Fifty Friday: The plan is to shoot exclusively with my 50mm f/1.8D.
- Sunrise/Sunset Saturday: Any excuse just to learn how to take sunrise and sunsets!
- Sunny Sunday: Well, I cannot take pictures of the Sun directly, but the plan is to take any interesting sky images that have the sun in it!
It’s a great idea, is it not? I think I’ve covered everything that interests me: Macro, Toys, Sunrise and Sunsets not so much but would be very interesting, shooting long and then wide…almost the whole gamut! I am so excited because not only will it challenge me to be creative, it will also force me to use my entire arsenal of lenses! Oh, hold on…does three lenses count as an arsenal?
So there you go! I intend to start doing this beginning January 1 of 2010 and mark each picture numerically and according to the daily theme. I would probably do some teasers just for practice, but we will see.
So wish me luck on this endeavor! Until then, have a nice day.
Getting the blog back on track animation-wise, you say? Oh well…