I was preparing breakfast this morning when something from my youth that I remembered made me laugh out loud, which led me to come up with a short list of some of the facts about me when I was still young.
I call this list Silly Things About Me When I Was Still Young. Sue me.
SILLY THING ABOUT ME WHEN I WAS STILL YOUNG:
- I was a huge fan of the Six-Million Dollar Man as well as Donny Osmond. When they announced that there would be a show about the Bionic Boy, I was wishing fervently that Donny Osmond be casted for that boy.
- I used to tape electric wires on my ankles to make them appear like my legs were bionic and that an area of the skin got torn away and exposed the electronics underneath. I would cover it with my knee high elementary socks and go to school and show it to anyone I could spin my tale.
- For the longest time after seeing the first Star Wars movie, I was referring to the light saber as the “Jedi Knife.”
- For the longest time too, I was rooting for Luke to get Leia. That was before “Return Of The Jedi”.
- I was fantasizing about being Brooke Shield’s boyfriend all throughout elementary and high school.
- I had a short-lived imaginary twin called “Mandy”.
- I drew comics of Voltes V and Daimos and wrote my own stories with horrible grammar and vocabulary.
- I would squeeze a big pillow between my legs, tie a rope at one end and run around my room pretending I was riding a horse.